Best Practices Google Seller Rating: What to Do after Getting Reviews
You already know that Google reviews are one of the best ways to build trust with new customers, increase average order value, and boost conversions. If you’ve invested in this essential marketing tool, you’re well on your way to building a more successful business. But don’t stop there...
You already know that Google reviews are one of the best ways to build trust with new customers, increase average order value, and boost conversions.
If you’ve invested in this essential marketing tool, you’re well on your way to building a more successful business. But don’t stop there: Now it’s time to find even more ways to optimize your online reputation. The next step is to implement Google Seller Ratings and take advantage of more potential benefits from your Google reviews.
What Are Google Seller Ratings?
Google Seller Ratings is a Google Ads extension that displays your overall review rating next to your search ads. This automated extension creates a rating between one and five stars, based on customer reviews from sites across the internet, including Google, Bizrate, and more.
The extension also displays the number of unique reviews you’ve received and another important statistic about your business, if relevant. Google will choose the additional statistic, which might be something like how long it takes to deliver a product or if the item being searched for is in stock.
How to Get Google Seller Ratings
Just about any type of business can benefit from this free Google Ads extension—especially eCommerce companies. But your business will have to meet the requirements in order to get seller ratings on Adwords (or Google Ads, as it’s officially called). To qualify, a business must have at least 30 unique reviews from the last 12 months, as well as a minimum total rating of 3.5 stars.
Benefits of Google Seller Ratings
How can Google Seller Ratings help your business? It can boost the success of your Google Ads campaign and positively influence your customer’s purchasing decisions.
Most importantly, ads that display the Google Seller Rating are more likely to get clicks. Your customers are faced with an overwhelming amount of search results when they’re shopping online, and the information shown in the Google Seller Rating influences them to click through. Adding this extension can improve CTR by up to 20%, according to Google.
“We have seen our click-through rate increase by 20% and our conversion rate increase by 19% from using Shopper Approved.”
--Kay Perry, Annie’s Publishing
Today’s consumers want to know they’re supporting a reputable business, and Google Seller Ratings gives them more confidence in the quality of your products. With just a glance, they’ll be able to see that you have a respectable rating and an established customer base.
Once you’ve added the Google Seller Ratings extension, you’ll want to keep the momentum going by continuing to bring in quality reviews. This will further increase the success of your ad campaigns since more reviews could lead to a higher Google rating.
Bringing in Quality Reviews
Having more reviews will also make customers perceive you as a more established, trustworthy business. All of this information will show up in the Google Seller Ratings extension, so it should be a big focus of your marketing efforts.
There are many ways to bring in more reviews, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Ask customers at the point of sale. If you have a storefront or office, you have the benefit of asking customers for reviews in person. This is a powerful way to bring in more reviews and build a human connection.
- Ask customers via email marketing. Don’t have a brick-and-mortar location? Take advantage of your email list and ask for reviews via email marketing. Just make sure to wait at least a month or two before you ask again!
- Display a Google Reviews sticker in your store window. Sometimes customers simply don’t know you have a presence on Google. Remind them by displaying a Google sticker in your storefront window.
- Improve your customer service. If you want to get great Google reviews, you’ll need to wow your customers. Invest in excellent customer service and see the reviews roll in.
- Highlight reviews on social media. Showing off what customers have said about you on social media will encourage others to also leave a review. Make a weekly or monthly post highlighting your best review, then include the link to your Google review page and invite other customers to leave their feedback.
Enjoy Lower Ad Costs
By improving your Google rating and the amount of Google reviews you’re getting, you’ll also lower the overall cost of your ads. How does this happen? Higher ratings will lead to better click-through rates, which will reduce your ad campaign costs. So sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor!
If you want to learn more ways to get Google reviews, contact Shopper Approved. Our review software can help you exponentially increase your online reviews with a simple, automated system. We’ve helped hundreds of businesses just like yours build their reputation and increase conversions with the power of online reviews. Get in touch today to see how we can help you.